Score Media & Gaming Inc. (“theScore”) empowers millions of sports fans through its digital media and sports betting products. Its media app ‘theScore’ is one of the most popular in North America, delivering fans highly personalized live scores, news, stats, and betting information from their favourite teams, leagues, and players. theScore’s mobile sports betting app ‘theScore Bet’ delivers an immersive and holistic mobile sports betting experience. Publicly traded on the TSX Venture Exchange (SCR), theScore also creates and distributes innovative digital content through its web, social and industry leading esports platforms.
As part of the theScore team, you will be working with a team of smart, friendly, and dedicated Engineers, Product Managers and Designers determined to deliver some of the best apps the market has to offer. We want you to be challenged and to get the full experience of what it’s like to work at theScore!
Typical Work Day at theScore:
- Develop, scale, and optimize amazing GraphQL & RESTful APIs.
- Be part of our backend service teams supporting web and mobile clients.
- Participate in the design, architecture, and delivery of new features in a collaborative agile/scrum environment.
- Other duties as required.
- A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, distributed systems, algorithms and software design.
- Passionate about clean code architecture and software craftsmanship.
- Experience with modern web framework and API development (Phoenix, Ruby on Rails, Sinatra, Django, Node).
- Experience with Git and GitHub or similar.
- A strong grasp and experience with relational databases; including PostgreSQL, MySQL & CockroachDB.
- Experience with background job processing (Exq, Sidekiq, Celery, Beanstalk, RabbitMQ).
- Comfortable working in the terminal.
- Proficiency within an editor of your choice.
- Experience with testing frameworks such as ExUnit, RSpec, Jest, pytest or equivalent.
- Experience working with profiling tools.
- Knowledge and familiarity with caching strategies and tools.
- Consuming and integrating with third party APIs.
What We Offer:
- Ship features that impact millions of users.
- Work on large distributed systems spanning public cloud and on-prem locations.
- Learn how to manage workloads, at scale, running on Kubernetes
- Contribute to a federated GraphQL API used by millions of clients.
- Fun, relaxed work environment.
- Located downtown Toronto; easily accessible by public transit.
- A/V club, Friday presentations, book library, and more.
- Snacks and drinks provided.
- Awesome patio with BBQ.
- Top of the line office hardware
- Games room (bring your A game for our FIFA 20, ping pong, arcade, and foosball tournaments!)
We are an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation will be made upon request.